Saturday, February 21, 2009

Raw Milk, please

Why is raw milk illegal for sale in Canada? Oh, I know the answer to the question, but there are so many reasons why the answer is wrong. Raw milk is safe, healthy - and delicious!

I want to be a farmer. I guess I'm farming now... but I mean a real farmer... more on that later. For now, let me say that one thing I want to do as a farmer is sell raw milk. This is legal in many jurisdictions around the world. If you think it's something unsafe, fit only for nostalgia and underdeveloped nations, then please.... think again. Raw milk is legal for sale in several U.S. states, including California! The laws vary quite a bit, but one of my fondest memories of Maine is walking into a store and buying raw milk in a glass bottle that was produced on a horse-powered farm. Wow. That's not 100 years ago... it's right now - and I believe - the future, too.

For now, we have a hero in Michael Schmidt.

Someday soon, perhaps Canadian governments will allow freedom of choice for our food~

No comments: